TIM REID AND HIS LEGACY MEDIA INSTITUTE ANNOUNCE AN EXTRAORDINARY EVENING WITH
PHYLICIA RASHADPetersburg, VA– Legacy Media Institute is pleased to announce today the official launching of the first in a series of panels and special events, offering to the public in-depth conversations, lively debates, and critical insight into the world of art, entertainment, and media. Hosted/Moderated by Tim and Daphne Reid, an evening with Phylicia Rashad is open to the public and will feature an entertaining and candid conversation as well as audience Q&A providing a unique opportunity to engage in dialogue with Ms. Rashad on a variety of fascinating and provocative subjects/topics.
- A two-time Emmy Award nominee, Phylicia Rashad is most well known to television audiences for her role as “Clair Huxtable” in The Cosby ShowCosby,where she received the NAACP Image Award for “Best Actress in a Comedy Series” for both of these roles.
- In 2004, Ms. Rashad became the first African-American actress to win the Tony Award for Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Play, for her role is the revival of A Raisin in the Sun.
- Most recently, she played “Big Mama” in Tennessee Williams’ classic play Cat on a Hot Tin Roof on Broadway and overseas. Her other Broadway credits include August Wilson’s Gem of the Ocean, Jelly’s Last Jam, and Dreamgirls.
- She has performed extensively off Broadway at the Lincoln Center, the Manhattan Theatre Club and the New York Shakespeare Festival as well as regionally throughout the US.
- Her film credits include Once Upon a Time When We Were Colored directed by Tim Reid, Free of Eden (opposite Sydney Poitier), Loving Jezebel, and The Visit.
- An accomplished singer, she’s a member of Broadway Inspirational Voices and has performed with major symphonies across the country.
“We are thrilled to have Phylicia Rashad as our first guest of our “Evening With…series,” said founder of Legacy Media Institute, Tim Reid. “…We hope the community will come and join us for a fun in-depth and candid look into the career and talents of Ms. Rashad”.
The Byrd Theatre
Thursday, April 22, 2010
6:30pm VIP Reception / 7:30pm Forum
2908 West Cary Street
Richmond, VA 23221
Tickets are $25 each.Tickets are available at the theatre box office and online at www.legacymediainstitute.org
Proceeds will support the activities of the Legacy Media Institute.